Vision & Strategy
- To be a leading higher education provider in the Maldives, highly valued locally and recognized internationally.
- The mission of Villa College is to sustain, advance and disseminate knowledge and understanding by providing internationally recognized quality education at an affordable price through teaching, research, consultancy and training which develop intellectual capacity and values vital for the development of the Maldivian community.
- We aim to be a leading centre of excellence in sustaining, advancing and disseminating knowledge and understanding.
- We aim to teach a range of disciplines which provide knowledge, skills, competencies, attitudes and values necessary for students to lead a fulfilling life.
- We aim to be an active partner in the social and economic development of the Maldives.
- We aim to develop and sustain our identity as an institution of quality.
- We aim to reach out to every corner of the country by creating opportunities for higher education at an affordable price.
- We are driven by the needs of the society
- We affirm quality as our principal priority
- We strive to empower people to be creative and innovative
- We inculcate moral and Islamic values
- We maintain fairness and integrity in all undertakings
- We are committed to providing equal opportunities
- We endeavour to create love for life-long learning
- We promote a culture of respect and harmony
- We are determined to develop a society with responsible citizens
We aim to develop graduates with the following qualities:
- Having strong knowledge and expertise in their discipline area, with insights into its local and international relevance both in theory and practice, and showing effective, practical application of this knowledge in life and at work.
- Command of strong social and interpersonal skills that enable them to be more effective at work as well as in life.
- Exceptional leadership qualities and initiative-taking within their own family, community and work environment.
- Maintaining ethical conduct and respect for diversity in all areas of social and professional life.
- Taking responsibility and maintaining accountability for their own actions, as well as concern for the well-being of others.
- Having a strong capacity to effectively manage self in a timely and efficient fashion.
- Openness to learning, information-seeking and understanding through various sources and new modes.
- Portraying openness, acceptance and respect towards differences in opinions and ideas.
- Showing keen analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Maintaining professionalism at all times, demonstrating the right values and a positive attitude towards life and work at all times.