Hello, how can i help you?
To be the leading higher education provider in the Maldives, highly valued locally and recognized internationally.
Our mission is to sustain, develop and disseminate knowledge and understanding by providing internationally recognized higher education at an aﬀordable price, through teaching, research, consultancy and training which develop intellectual capacity and values vital to the dynamic Maldivian community and economy. The following philosophies guide our mission.
We aim to be a leading centre of excellence in sustaining, developing and disseminating knowledge and understanding.
We aim to specialize in a range of disciplines which provide the knowledge and skills, and the competencies, attitudes and values necessary for our graduates to lead productive and successful lives.
We aim to be a prominent partner in the social and economic development of the Maldives.
We aim to sustain and build on our identity as an institution respected and renowned for its quality.
We aim to have a sustainable impact throughout the country by creating aﬀordable opportunities for higher education.
We are driven by the NEEDS of the society
We aﬃrm QUALITY as our principal priority
We strive to EMPOWER PEOPLE TO BE CREATIVE AND INNOVATIVE
We inculcate MORAL AND ISLAMIC VALUES
We maintain FAIRNESS AND INTEGRITY in all undertakings
We endeavour to develop LOVE FOR LIFE-LONG LEARNING
We promote a CULTURE OF RESPECT AND HARMONY
We are determined to DEVELOP a society with RESPONSIBLE CITIZENS
We aim to develop graduates with the following qualities:
· Having strong knowledge and expertise in their discipline area, with insights into its local and international relevance both in theory and practice, and showing effective, practical application of this knowledge in life and at work.
· Command of strong social and interpersonal skills that enable them to be more effective at work as well as in life.
· Exceptional leadership qualities and initiative-taking within their own family, community and work environment.
· Maintaining ethical conduct and respect for diversity in all areas of social and professional life.
· Taking responsibility and maintaining accountability for their own actions, as well as concern for the well-being of others.
· Having a strong capacity to effectively manage self in a timely and efficient fashion.
· Openness to learning, information-seeking and understanding through various sources and new modes.
· Portraying openness, acceptance and respect towards differences in opinions and ideas.
· Showing keen analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
· Maintaining professionalism at all times, demonstrating the right values and a positive attitude towards life and work at all times.
WE ENSURE THAT YOU STAND OUT FROM THE REST. OUR PROGRAMMES ARE DESIGNED TO DEVELOP YOU ACADEMICALLY AND PROFESSIONALLY
Our academic and non-academic programmes and activities are designed to develop leadership skills, problem-solving skills and communications skills that will benefit you in all walks of life.
We recognize the importance of learning beyond four walls. Field trips and exposure trips are some of the most enjoyable learning elements for our students. We encourage you to organize and engage in such study tours and co- curricular activities with your fellow classmates. Apart from your self-organized activities, the Villa College Student Association (VCSA) and other clubs offer dynamic activities which provide you opportunities to socialize, make friends and create everlasting memories. We are committed to making your college experience engaging and vibrant.
PREPARE FOR CHALLENGES IN THE REAL-WORLD
The future requires you to think broadly. Success in today’s professional life depends huge on your ability to make the right decisions and your problem-solving skills. Our programmes are embedded with simulations in which students work as teams in a virtual world, where they apply the theories and compete to succeed in real-world scenarios through simulation games. These unique learning experiences make our graduates employment-ready before they leave college.
We value real-world connections in preparing you for the future. Our Corporate Access to Student Talent (CAST) programme gives an insight into major industries and networking opportunities with a range of professional organizations in the Maldives. Our industry links provide you with opportunties for internships in the areas of your interest with prospective employers throughout the country.