|COURSE DURATION||3 Years|
|COURSE TYPE||Undergraduate programmes|
|ACADEMIC LEVEL||BSc (Hons)|
|LEARNING MODE||Full Time|
General Entry Criteria
3 passes in A Level/HSC (At GCE A/L, a pass is considered E and above. HSC pass is considered C and above.)
2 passes in A Level/HSC (At GCE A/L, a pass is considered E and above. HSC pass is considered C and above.), and 3 O’Level/SSC passes with C grade and above.
Attainment of a Level 4 qualification in a related field
Attainment of a Level 4 Foundation Study Program approved for the specific Diploma program.
Alternative Entry Criteria
20 years old, completion of a Level 4 qualification (unrelated), and successful completion of an MQA approved University Preparation Program
· Intake: January / May / September
· Course Fee: MVR 3950 per month (MVR 2110 per month under the government free degree scheme)
1. Foundations of Financial Accounting
2. Introduction to Management Accounting
3. Economic Principles in a Contemporary Context
4. Business Law
5. Introduction to Managerial Finance
6. Statistics and Data Management
7. Professional Development for Accounting and Finance
8. Essential Information Skills
* Diploma in Accounting and Finance will be awarded at the completion of the first year.
1. Financial Accounting
2. Management Accounting and Decision Making
3. Corporate Finance
4. Principles of Taxation
5. Financial Accounting and Reporting
6. Applied Management Accounting
7. Governance and Accountability
8. Islamic Banking and Finance
1. Corporate Reporting Theory and Practice
2. Financial Management
3. Work integrated Learning
4. Strategic Management Accounting
5. Advanced Case Study
6. Business Strategy and Technology
7. Further Tax Theory and Practice
|OTHER FACTS / COMMENTS|
On the successful completion of this programme participants will be able to have:
Knowledge and Understanding of
1. Key theories and principles for preparing and analysing financial statements
2. Key theories and techniques in management accounting and performance evaluation
3. Key theories and techniques required for the financial management of an organisation
4. Key theories, regulations and practices of governance, ethics and management of financial risk in an organisation.
5. Key external and internal factors that shape the performance of organisations and the strategic tools that are available for managers.
6. Accounting information systems and the application of technology in the collection production and evaluation of information.
|FACULTY / CENTRE||Faculty of Business Management (FBM)|
|AWARDING BODY||The University of the West of England|