This multidisciplinary degree is designed for health professionals seeking to develop their skills and knowledge in public health, while continuing to work. If people already work in public health, or want to move into this field, this course can prepare for advancement in the health organization or field, providing with practical skills and helping to broaden knowledge and skills. This course also helps to pursue a PhD in Public Health.
Master of Public Health students come from a variety of fields, including medicine, nursing, psychology, physiotherapy, pharmacy, dentistry, biomedical and lab-based sciences, nutrition, occupational therapy, occupational health, environmental health, health promotion, health management and health informatics.
As master of public health graduates, they may work in a number of fields, including health administration, health protection and health promotion. They may work in the public sector or with non-government organizations, such as the Heart Foundation, the Cancer Council, Red Cross, research institutes, universities and with international bodies like the World Health Organization.
LECTURE PANEL & PROJECT SUPERVISORS
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
• Read educational and social research with an understanding of a range of research methodologies;
• Define an issue in their discipline as an investigable research project;
• Design a research project demonstrating understanding of the range of research methodologies available, and their relevance to the project;
• Undertake a significant research project in their respective discipline;
• Write up the results of the research project to demonstrate the capacity to adhere to the conventions of research.
Health related Bachelor’s Degree at MNQF level 7.
Achievement of a minimum score of 7 in IELTS or C Grade in IGCSE or equivalent
• 30 years of age and above as of the commencement date of the relevant semester
• Has an MQA approved Diploma qualification
• Minimum five years of experience in relevant field
• Successfully pass an admission test administered by Villa College and interview
January / May / September
MVR 60,000 (Payable in Installments)
MNQF ACCREDITED LEVEL
YEAR ONE (2 SEMSTERS)
Postgraduate Certificate Modules (Compulsory Modules)
PUBH6101: Foundations of Public Health
PUBH6202: Qualitative Research Methods in Health
PUBH6103: Quantitative Research Methods in Health
Postgraduate Diploma Modules (Compulsory Modules)
PUBH6201 Health Planning and Evaluation
PUBH6102 Epidemiology and Disease Control
YEAR TWO (2 SEMSTERS)
RESE7001: Master of Research in Public Health Thesis