ICSRI is an international conference organised and conducted by the Institution for Research and Innovation of Villa College, Maldives.
ICSRI 2018 conference is scheduled to be held from 25th - 27th September 2018 at Villa College.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +960 3303 200
Fax : +960 3303 299
Villa College, is the leading private higher education institution in the Maldives, offering programmes ranging from foundation level courses, to undergraduate courses and postgraduate courses. The mission of Villa College is to sustain, develop and disseminate knowledge and understanding by providing internationally recognized higher education at an affordable price, through teaching, research, consultancy and training which develop intellectual capacity and values vital to the dynamic Maldivian community and economy. In line with this, Villa College has established Institute of Research and Innovation to carry out and foster research activities. Numerous researches are conducted by the academicians and some of the research projects that have been undertaken include the projects done for UN agencies.
Institute for Research and Innovation (IRI) is a growth initiative of Villa College to create a research-focused academic community in the Maldives. The institute is committed to undertake research at the highest quality and seek to meet the world leading standards of excellence in conducting research. The institute works toward bringing together academics of different institutions locally and internationally in creating a research environment as well as disseminating quality research to inform the Maldivian society and beyond.
Institute of Research and Innovation hosts annual research conference called the International Conference on Social Research and Innovation (ICSRI). The conference is scheduled to be held from 25th - 27th September 2018 at Villa College QI Campus. ICSRI is a multidisciplinary international conference and invites researchers, professors, practitioners and higher education students to share their knowledge on Social Research and Innovation. The conference hopes to bring together a strong network of connections thereby creating ample opportunity to engage in robust discussion on ideas, new directions and create innovative practices in all fields, including education, social sciences and humanities in a multicultural atmosphere. The main theme for the third ICSRI is ‘Awakening the Intellect: Inspiring Innovation’
The conference deliberations will be on the following tracks;
No graphs, tables, or images can be included in abstracts.
Please keep your abstract length within the following limits:
Abstract Body: 250-300 words
Abstract Title: 150 characters, including spaces and punctuation. The first letter of each word should be in upper case.
Authors and Affiliations
Number of Authors: Up to 5 authors
Number of Affiliations: Up to 5 institutions
* First author is considered as the presenting as well as corresponding author.
* Please do not include authors’ information within abstract body. Any authors’ information within abstract body may be deleted from
Include 3 to 6 key words.
Poster/ Oral Presentation
Please indicate if you are going to do a poster presentation or an oral presentation.
- Your poster title and contents should correspond to the title and content of the abstract you submitted.
- Your poster must be designed to fit an A1 size posterboard, and the poster should be printed on materials that can be mounted easily with push pins.
- Plan your poster to be in logical sequence, i.e. introduction, study design and methods, results and conclusion.
- Posters should be designed for clear viewing from a distance of beyond 3' so that they can be viewed by a number of people at the
- To ensure visual effectiveness of your poster, use large lettering and a minimum of text. Use of colour and clear images can visually enhance your poster.
- Put your poster up at least 1/2 hour prior to the start of the poster sessions of the conference.
- Remove your poster immediately at the close of the poster session.
- This model paper contains information about the formatting requirements for the International Journal of Social Research and Innovation (IJSRI).
- Format your paper in Times New Roman 12 points throughout with single line spacing, using bold and italics as appropriate.
- Do not use any formatted styles other than bullets where required for lists.
- We will apply all other styles when the paper is typeset.
- The paper should not exceed A4 size 15 pages, including the abstract, figures and references, and references should be in the APA style (see below for further details).
- The abstract should be no less than 150 words and should not exceed 300 words.
- Downlaod and read this document carefully.
Publication of Abstracts and Papers
* Accepted abstracts will be published in the conference documentation.
* Full papers should be prepared for presentation at the conference, and will be considered for publication in our
journal, International Journal for Social Research and Innovation (IJSRI) after its double-blind review process.
* If you wish your paper to be considered for publication in our journal, please indicate this at the time of submission.
* Further details of these publication opportunities will be provided at the conference.
Early Bird Registration (By 18th July 2018)
Normal : US$ 100
Local and work permit holders : MVR 500
Students: MVR 250
Regular Registration (By 5th September 2018)
Normal : US$ 150
Local and work permit holders : MVR 600
Students: MVR 300
Registration Fees Include
Admission to the welcome ceremony
Admission to all presentation sessions
Access to poster area
Conference program and book of abstracts
Lunch, Coffee/tea during the breaks
Penal Discussion Themes
* Research and Education
* Business and Economy
* Environment and Sustainability
Participants attending conference are required to obtain business visa as per the Immigration rules of the Maldives. You may not need VISA to to enter Maldives (max 30 days of each visit).
The hotel is located in Malé City. The approximate ferry fare from the airport to Malé is at US$1.
For further details of the transport to/from the airport, please visit
Participants may take taxi service to travel from hotel to the conference venue. Travel assistance will be arranged by the conference organizer.
Estimated Fare: MVR 30.84 ($2).
Authorized Taxi Centers in Male' include:
DIAL CAB TRANSPORT SERVICE - 332 3132
RASAL TAXI SERVICE - 332 9292
KULEEDHUVELI - 332 2122
NEW TAXI SERVICE - 332 5757
LOYAL TAXI SERVICE - 332 5656
REGAL TAXI SERVICE - 332 5533
FINE TAXI SERVICE - 332 8998
J R TAXI SERVICE - 332 1919
The official currency in Maldives is: Maldivian Ruffiya (MVR). Foreign currencies can be changed for MVR at banks and airports. The exchange rate is approximately 15.42 = USD1.
GMT + 5 hours (DST)/ GMT+4 hours (BST)
Indira Gandhi Memorial Hospital (IGMH), Tree top and ADK Hospital are two of the larger hospitals which is open 24 hrs for locals and tourists. It has doctors and nursing staff that are be able to communicate in English.
Tree Top: http://www.treetophospital.com/
Deadline for Early Bird Registration is 18th July 2018 | Registration Deadline is 5th September 2018Register Now